Select a category
- Best Revival
- MasterCard Best New Play
- Best Actor In A Supporting Role
- Best Costume Design
- XL Video Award for Best Set Design
- White Light Award for Lighting Design
- Best Actor
- Best Sound Design
- Outstanding Achievement In An Affiliate Theatre
- Best New Dance Production
- Outstanding Achievement In Dance
- Best Director
- Best Actress
- BBC Radio 2 Audience Award
- Best Entertainment And Family
- Best New Opera Production
- Outstanding Achievement In Opera
- Autograph Sound Award for Best Theatre Choreographer
- Best Performance In A Supporting Role In A Musical
- Best Musical Revival
- Best Actor In A Musical
- Best Actress In A Musical
- Best New Musical
- Best Actress In A Supporting Role
Helen Mirren for The Audience at the Gielgud theatre Winner
Much-loved actress Mirren is nominated for her role in Peter Morgan’s acclaimed play in which she has returned to the role of Elizabeth II following her Oscar-winning performance in Morgan’s hit film The Queen.
Billie Piper for The Effect at the National's Cottesloe theatre
Former Doctor Who star Piper has become a force to be reckoned with on stage, earning critical acclaim for her role as psychology student Connie in Lucy Prebble’s sold-out provocative drama.
Hattie Morahan for A Doll’s House at the Young Vic theatre
Morahan won plaudits for her appearance as iconic Nora in Ibsen’s classic. An Olivier win would mark an awards hat-trick for the actress, having already won Evening Standard and Critics’ Circle Awards for her electric performance.
Kristin Scott Thomas for Old Times at the Harold Pinter theatre
Triumphing in this category in 2008, Scott Thomas is this year recognised for her accomplished performance in Old Times, in which she famously alternated between the two leading lady roles with co-star Lia Williams.